The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/showthread.php 28 require_once

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Let's discuss about...
Smile 
Hi there!

A friend of mine and I wrote a blog about our experiences with the KOEK, a Dutch assessment which is developed to score the prewriting skills of children between the age 4 and 6-years old.

Here is the link to our KOEK-blog
[Image: koekm.van.hartingsveldt.jpg?1414506203530] [Image: omslag%20klein.gif]
Quote:Image 1 KOEK-book including background information, explanation and score list
Image 2 KOEK workbook/test

On basis of our blog we want to have a discussion about this target group and the benefits and cons of working with assessments. The following questions can be therein a starter:

• What is your opinion about working with children and the experience with assessments developed for this audience?
  • Would you like to work with children when your graduated?
  • Should children perform to a certain level or should we not fix such things like development?
I am curious about what is on your mind right now, so feel free to share!

I am very curious of the opinion of other OT about this assessment
When i used the KOEK to 'measure' a 5 year old child I noticed she likes the different assignments. For every child the instrument can be as dafiant as it needs to be!
(06-15-2016, 06:45 PM)Marritoenema Wrote: When i used the KOEK to 'measure' a 5 year old child I noticed she likes the different assignments. For every child the instrument can be as dafiant as it needs to be!

That sounds like a valuable output Marrit! Were there any cons of using the KOEK for you?
2nd year of Occupational Therapy in Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Next year minor 'Pain for Health Professionals'

Hey Teddy,

The only thing I noticed was my client being a little ashamed when I took her out of class. In consultation with her teacher we decided to take her best friend with her so she wasn't the only 'special' kid.
Have you ever noticed difficulties using the KOEK?
Hi Marrit,

That is a good solution! To took here friend with her Smile I wrote about my difficulties in the KOEK-blog but here are them:

Cons of screening pre-writing skills with the KOEK
• The exercises contains writing patterns, coloring and cutting paper. Crafts is normally something boys do not like so I had to made up a story to motivate Tom these exercises are not girl-ish.
• Some exercises Tom refused to do directly. This may affect your test results.

I also had some tips for others to use the KOEK.

Tips
• Skip exercises your child does not want to do. Ask it why and try to trigger him to do it anyway. Do not force it and stay equal.
• The child will perform best when he is comfortable and sees you as a friend to play with. Try to be his buddy but make sure you lead and keep your goal in mind
• Be flexible and creative during this assessment.
2nd year of Occupational Therapy in Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Next year minor 'Pain for Health Professionals'